[AT] What to do with old calcium chloride?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 03:59:42 PDT 2007

Hello,

I used my old dozer (HD6G) with a chain to lift the right side of my WD off of the ground. After I had it up I held the tractor in place with a jack stand.

I then unbolted the rim and the tire flopped over crushing my penetrating oil like a pancake... Wow, that was heavy! Had to use the dozer again just to upright the tire....

So, the rim has rotted out near the stem and I am going to try to fix it, but first I need to take the tire of the rim, which means I have to remove the calcium chloride....

I am going to try to take apart the tube stem if possible....

Any tricks on removing the fluid?

Once I get the Calcium Chloride out, what do I do with it? Is it safe to spread out on my stone driveway? In upstate NY we have some property and they spray what I believe is calcium chloride on the dirt roads to keep the dust down.......? Do I have to take it to a hazardis waste site?

The left tire on my WD went flat a year ago, when it settled the tire ripped in half and the fluid went all over the ground.... Grass is still growing there so I guess it was not all that toxic...?

Regards,

Will Powell