[AT] Varmints and farming

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Jul 24 12:07:09 PDT 2007

Grant---so far this week we have trapped and killed two coyotes in our
watermelon patch.

This time of year they really do lots of damage in the watermelons.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA

On 7/24/2007 11:31:56 AM, Grant Brians (gbrians at hollinet.com) wrote: > With
all of this talk about coons, coyotes, beavers and such, I had to > share >
my perspective on coyotes. I have not been shooting them because I keep >
hoping they will help control the millions of ground squirrels, the excess >
> of rabbits and the gophers. But I also have learned that without scaring >
them with flying ammunition, they will eat lots of watermelons.... An >
expensive meal from my perspective as the farmer.... > Grant Brians >
Hollister, California > p.S. I am looking for an Oliver rear end still to
repair the broken > transmission/rear end case on our Super 77. It needs to
be close for > hauling > costs to be reasonable. > -----