[AT] late model Deere tractor fire discussion

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 21 05:45:32 PDT 2007

Back in the late '70's a guy who farmed a few miles from our place got rid
of the WD 45's he and his brother  had relied on for 25 years or so and
bought a 7xxx Ford with a cab and air.  One not so terribly hot Saturday
morning he came running into the local store/truck stop/equipment supply
place and wanted to know where he could  buy an Air Conditioning hose for
the Ford.  He was hoping it could  be replaced with hydraulic hose that the
guy at the store could make.  They told him he'd have to go to the tractor
place for a replacement.  He looked at his watch, it was pushing 12 noon,
the Ford place closed at noon and he was 15 miles away.  He left burning
rubber.

The guy had kids my age.  I'd known him most of my life and I'd never seen
him move much faster than a snail before.  Apparently that cab was much
hotter than an open station WD 45 and completely unbearable without the AC.

Charlie