[AT] Hottest tractor

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 19 22:09:57 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hall" <jthall at worldnet.att.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: [AT] Hottest tractor

> What else comes to mind that is too hot to operate on a upper 90 deg day?
> Definetly old combines with no air or anything with a cab and broke A/C.

I'd have to say any modern tractor with air conditiioning that isn't working
is going to be the most overpoweringly hot to operate. At least the old open
tractors had the advantage of a bit of air and ventilation. Inside the cabs
of any of my equipment turns into a greenhouse very quickly without a fan or
ac running.
I was almost in that situation today even though it was not as hot as
yesterday. Working a field of summerfallow with the 2090 Case this morning
and about 10:00 it started to feel warm enough to dial in  a bit of ac.
Right about then the fan quit running. Running with windows open was not an
option I would consider as I don't want to get the inside of the cab full of
dirt. Luckily it turned out to be a loose wire connection at the cab relay
so I worked in comfort the rest of the day.
I'd say that cold was more often a concern than hot weather in the "open
tractor days" that I worked.

Ralph in Sask.