[Ford-ferguson] Steering problems on my T.O. 35

Jeff Bram bramfuneralhome at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:24:03 PDT 2007

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on how to improve the steering on my T.O. 35,  This tractor was purchased new for a Cemetery maintenance machine.  A Massey loader was also installed.  It's a early '50s model and the machine is in fair shape.  I recently purchased the cemetery and  I don't have anyone to ask about it's previous care.

The steering is very hard.  I need ideas to help loosen the steering.  Even with the bucket and bucket arms unattached, the steering does not improve.  Does the loader brackets and hardware make a big difference in it's ability to steer?  Is there anyway to oil the steering cylinder, the housing just below the steering wheel?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Bram