[AT] Help Needed in Finding Safety Decal

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Mon Jul 9 22:39:14 PDT 2007

Y'all,

A lady I know not sent me the following email and permission (when I suggested) to ask your help in locating a generic safety decal.  She wrote:

-----------------------Email for Help In Locating Decal--------------------

Hi,

I saw your webpage and was wondering if you had any information that
might be helpful for me.  I am trying to restore a 1953 International
Super H tractor and it has a "Danger - Think Safety" decal placed by
the Farm Bureau Federation on it and was wondering if you had any idea
where I could get an original copy of that decal. I contacted the Farm
Bureau but they do not archive those types of things.  Thanks for any
help you might have.

anne.grabenstetter at gmail.com

-----------------------------------end of her email--------------------------------------

I posted her picture of the original decal (now on her Farmall
Super H) at

http://web2.airmail.net/bealke/FB_decal.jpg

Please contact Anne directly if you can help her locate the usable new decal
that she seeks. As you can see, it is a timeless and useful reminder
evidently released in the 50s or slightly before by the Farm Bureau.
It sounds like a rare bird, but it sure would be cool if the list could help her out.
Perhaps one of you know someone who collects or saves miscellaneous old.
non-brand specific decals - they sure seem scarcer than the equip. makers decals.

Betcha some of you have wished you had a decal of a favorite implement dealer
that closed its doors (likely along with the brand sold) years ago.  They would make a nice touch for certain loving restorations partly driven by fond personal memories.

On the subject of memories, I've found a great, new little book about growing up on Iowa farms during the depression - Little Heathens by Mildred Armstong Kalish.  It brings back character types, attitudes, scenes and expressions I grew up with (luckily) in the Midwest.  Mildred has an eye like a camera lens and memory to match. The first chapter and book reviews are posted on the web in easy reach of Google (or contact me offline if you want locations for same). She writes of colorful people rather than tractors, but both subjects can be great fun to revisit when they were the vivid stuff of our formative years.

|_____/    \  ~ Chuck Bealke ~ bealke at airmail.net ~
( )       \__/             http://www.plowsong.com