[Farmall] OT can you help me on a gearbox selection please

Robert Johnson johnson_rob at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 2 00:45:14 PDT 2007

I'm looking at getting a Dodge 1968 bus , converted to a really nice mobile
home .
Its running a 318 just rebuilt , and a Spicer 5 speed , with a 2 speed diff.
I'm looking at putting a diesel in it , and at the moment I'm looking at a
6.5 Chev v8 diesel , naturally aspired.
If I'm going to get my wife to drive it , I'll need to get it hooked to an
auto.
What is the best auto to hook to this engine ? , its not really heavy duty
work , I'd just like to see it give me good economy.
Regards Rob Johnson.