[AT] Back on farm equipment! I need help finding... for myfarmingoperation

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Jan 31 05:34:10 PST 2007

Larry, there are several types of Sugar beet harvesters. The wheel type uses
a spike to pick the beet and is unsuitable for veggies for that reason. The
typical non-wheel type (for lack of a better term) is not adjustable for the
smaller diameters of the veggies and bangs up the more delicate roots (such
as turnips). As a result I am not looking for a sugar beet machine. They are
also findable here in California as we used to have a very large Sugar Beet
industry here, but now there are almost none.
    I did get a call back about a harvester that sounds interesting in
Ontario, Canada that I will follow up on, but am worried about cost of
shipping and needing to see it first.... I hear they have something called
snow there??? LOL. Actually I lost some crops this winter from the roots
freezing, it was that cold here - NOT NORMAL and that was the first time
anyone can remember hearing of it happening in this part of California.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California