[AT] Hole in exhaust manifold....

John Kennedy ihctractor at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 09:39:02 PST 2007

Exhaust manifolds can get hot enough to burn though cast iron why would
anyone want to use something that can't stand heat above a few hundred
degrees. I have personally seem some of mine red hot when run hard that is
over 2000 degrees.  Like I said before either braise it or replace it. Man
30 bucks for a new one why spend all that time playing around with junk that
isn't going to work. Or will only be a mess that you will have to clean off
when you decide to do it correctly. I will never understand all these short
cuts to repairing something that only lead to more work in the future. Do it
right in the first place and then forget it and go onto some other repair
you will be a lot happier and your tractor will be the better for it.
John