[Ford-ferguson] Ford 601 carb question

ewatness at comcast.net ewatness at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 14:32:07 PST 2007

I had a similar problem on my 8N until I replaced the tank with a new one. The cleanout of the old tank was not enough to avoid clogging the shutoff valve and the fuel line. I mistakenly tried to ignor the sediment in the bowl. Had I paid attention to that I would have saved new electrical parts and maybe a carb rebuild. Fortunately it was not a hot coil or some other phantom electrical problem. The tell tail for me was the coughing of the engine - not simply an abrupt shut down.

Good luck!

From: Jack Massimino <btyler at provide.net>