[AT] Briggs filter substitute.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Jan 25 06:16:35 PST 2007

	I was asked off list if I had settled on a part number for a cheaper oil
filter to use in place of the $10 to $11 Briggs & Stratton oil filters used
on the larger Briggs engines. I had not but I did a little searching this
morning (spring is coming) and found several numbers which can be used to
cross reference to your favorite brand. Keep in mind that I have not bought
and tried any of these but I feel fairly comfortable with these numbers
since I found them in so many different places.
	They are Wix 57035 Napa (Wix) 7035, Carquest 85056, and Fram Ph2874
	Note: as I searched I found very few that had anything good to say about
Fram. The only exception was on the Fram website...   ;-)   There was a good
bit of good said about Purolator but I didn't include their filter number
here since I found some conflict of numbers. I'm sure you can easily find a
cross reference to a good Purolator number in the stores book.
	The one good thing you can say about Fram is that they are listed in
everybody's cross-reference charts.   ;-)   If you have their number you can
then find about any other brand's number.

--
"farmer"
Proud owner of several cordless hatchets and a large collection of

"Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net