[AT] My JD 2010

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Wed Jan 24 12:10:33 PST 2007

As Gary noted, it is quite common for the Roosamaster/Stanadyne injection
pump input shaft seals to leak after repair work.  They will also leak due
to wear, and the other usual causes.  The vertical mounting position used on
the 2010 might make it more prone to this trouble.  As long as the oil
doesn't get too diluted, it won't hurt to give it a good break-in load
though.  Keep an eye on the oil level and run it a little.  Check the oil
every half hour or so to be safe, and if it gets more than a quart high, you
probably should change it.  If it is "making oil" faster than 1 qt. a day,
it is almost certainly the pump seal that is leaking.  Fortunately, the seal
is not that expensive, but a good touch is required to get it in correctly.
I will almost bet that you have a leaking pump drive shaft seal...

Brett Phillips