[Steam-engine] Penberty Injector info please

Bruce & Marlene Babcock babcock2 at gte.net
Sun Jan 21 20:03:28 PST 2007

Richard,

    According to a modern, June 1987, Penberthy brochure an AA-21 is a
standard 1/2 inch injector that, with three feet of lift, will deliver150
gallons of water per hour at 40 psi steam, 175 gallons at 60 psi, 180
gallons at 80 psi, 165 gallons at 100 psi, 155 gallons at 120 psi, and 150
gallons at140 psi.

    According to an old Penberthy brochure (no date) an A-22 is a 1/2 inch
injector.  Capacity per hour with 1 to 3 feet of lift with a steam pressure
of 60 psi is 135 gallons per hour, and at 110 psi it is 70 gallons per hour.
This same brochure indicates that the AA-21 will deliver 180 gallons per
hour with 60 psi steam and 100 gallons per hour with 110 psi steam.

    I am affraid that I am raising more questions than I am answering.   It
appears that it is important to know the age of your AA-21 injector if you
want to know its characteristics at any pressure other than 160 psi.  The
address on the old brochure is Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan, if
that helps anyone to establish the date.  If I had to take a wild guess I
would say the brochure was printed in the late 1930s or in the1940s.

    I hope that someone else can be of more help.    Stellar Industrial
Technologies in Lancaster, Ohio (740) 654-7052 is a Penberthy distrubutor.

Sincerely,

Bruce E. Babcock