[Farmall] Any advice on THIS problem (Off Topic...sorry)

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 05:02:12 PST 2007

I asked the boy's father if the "Asperger's" word had ever been  introduced as they have consulted with doctors, psychologists, and the  rest of that bunch.  He said, "no".  Don't get me wrong,  here...I am no clinician.  I just did a little poking about and  confered with my daughter who is studying such things at college.   Without provocation when I described to her the fellow's "behavioral  patterns" she trotted out Asperger's.
  How can one "minimize" the obvious disadvantages if, in fact, he is in  the Asperger's category.  Must he anticipate a lifetime of  medication?  If he does not have the "brakes" that most of us  posess, how will he be able to function safely as an adult?
  JM

Frank DeWitt <Frank at lbpinc.com> wrote:
MG-
   Are you at all familiar with Asperger's Disorder?
   JM

Many of us prefer to call it a Syndrome  A disorder needs to be
fixed.  A  Syndrome has advantages and disadvantages and you learn to
use the advantages, and live with, or minimize the disadvantages.

Frank