[AT] 580 B backhoe

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 19:40:57 PST 2007

Hello all, I have a few questions about my 580B
backhoe and am hoping some of my ATIS freinds can help
me out.

First on the hoe the serial # plate is unreadable.
Might as well say non existant. Is there any way I can
tell what model the hoe is, so I can get the proper
manual/parts book for it?

Second the left swing cylinder is losing oil
profusely. Is it possible to repack the cylinder with
it still on the tractor. Also how difficult are these
cylinders to rebuild. I've been told they are easy and
I feel confident that I can do the job. However,
honestly I've never gotten into a cylinder before and
I don't wish to get into it blind. So "how to" advice
is welcome

     I've also posted these questions on the Case YT
forum. I figure I can use all the knowledge and help I
can get!!
Danny Tabor