[AT] Tire size question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 03:27:04 PST 2007

Dudley Rupert wrote:
> Joe,
>

> But let me say I have no idea what a Case 430CK is so making this comparison
> between it and the Ferguson 35 may not be a good one.
The Case 430CK is the "Construction King" version of the Case 400, the
main differences being in the heavier grille and hood, heavier front
axle and power steering, etc. My guess (I am not a "Case man") is that
the 430 was one of the company's first entries into the construction
equipment market, and the 530 series was  the next step and a heavier
machine. Mine is gas and has a 4 speed transmission with shuttle shift,
which makes loader work very nice. Mine also sports a very sturdy
integrated loader with hydraulics supplied by a pump driven off the
front of the crankshaft. As I mentioned in my reply, they are somewhat
uncommon, but most of the parts from the 400 seem to work.
Unfortunately, mine doesn't have the optional integrated backhoe, which
means that the back has virtually no traction. Case recommended
something like 1700# for a counterweight, so I made one that is up to
about 800# but will get heavier when I find more scrap metal to put in
the drum.

See: <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck> for images.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking
into account not only the world as it is, but the world as
it will be. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992)