[AT] Tire size question

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Jan 9 18:55:51 PST 2007

Joe,

I have two Ferguson 35's, one with 14.9x24 (with a loader) and the other
with 12.4x28 and, like Mike has said, the outside diameter of the 14.9x24 is
the same or slightly bigger than the 12.4x28.  I've seen several 35's over
the years and this seems to be common:  if the 35 has a loader there is a
good chance it will have 14.9x24's and if it does not then it's probably
50-50 between the two sizes.

If you change diameters I assume you will have to acquire new wheels and
rims and that the price and availability of these for 24" and 28" is roughly
the same.  If I didn't already have the good 28" tires on-hand then I am
sure I would choose to go down to 24".  But, only you know how much having
these tires on hand will tip the scales in favor of 28".

But let me say I have no idea what a Case 430CK is so making this comparison
between it and the Ferguson 35 may not be a good one.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington