[AT] Oliver 70

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:50:19 PST 2007

Andy,

I did a quick search of the YTmag Oliver forum and came up with the WIX
51105#.   You should be able to cross reference that.   If not, if you have
a FRAM dealer close look in their book.   Walmart and TSC both deal in fram.
I got the filter for mine at TSC.

I think I remember seeing the mufflers in the Valubilt catalogue years ago.
  I think OEM or Steiner lists them, too, now that I think about it---along
with having a complete manifold and elbows available.

38" wheels were originally an option, but they won't go on the 40" cast
center.   You'll have to find a set of hubs and 9 bolt rims.  They aren't
too hard to find.   Your best bet is to find a set close to you, if your
located near Ohio I know that Maibach tractor in Creston has plenty of hubs
and should have the rims.   If it'd help I could get parts from there to
Angola Indiana where I have family.

One good thing about the hubs and 9 bolt wheels---by getting rid of that
cast iron center you'll drop around 1000 lbs, makijng the tractor easier to
haul.    If you need more weight to plow or somesuch oliver wheel weights
are fairly common, most tractors org. equipped with the 38" wheels had a set
or two on them.   I've got 5 sets at home, as well as a single rim that I'd
sell.

Hope this helps!

Mike