[Farmall] when is "too far gone"?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 10:12:58 PST 2007

SO-
 There is so much entailed is this "situation" I would not wish  to bother you or other members with the details.  Again, my case  is not really specific to the overall purpose of this group's "mission".
  Briefly, it is really not an "inherited" thing but, rather, the  "sorting out" of my wife's family's age-old holdings which, through  time passage/death/disease has ended up on our lap.  While one  might think that such open land space would be gold it is more like  fool's gold.  If you knew of the whole morass, you would be quick  to agree, I am certain.
 Your point about parting out the  machines....even if I were to run ads and take calls, I would STILL  need to meet the potential buyer and, sadly, I do not have the time nor  inclination for even that activity.
 Steve, if you truly wish to  know more about this I will gladly share it with you (or other  interested parties) but "off group" would probably be better.
  Thanks for your message and Happy New Year to you, as well.
  JM

Steve Offiler <soffiler at ct.metrocast.net> wrote:  JM:  No, you are reading more into my statement than I intended.  I know you
are a regular contributor to this discussion group, but unfortunately I lack
the time to read each and every posting, so I believe I may have some holes
in my understanding of your situation.  Did you not come by this large
property complete with its derelict farm equipment by way of inheritance?
If not, I apologize for my use of the term.

If I had any point at all, I think it might have been to suggest that
parting-out the machinery does not entail YOU entering the field with
toolbox and cutting torch.  It entails you advertising and securing an
interested buyer who then visits you with appropriate hauling equipment and
takes it from there.

Happy New Year (to JM and all)
Steve O.