[AT] Big Orange Tractor

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Mon Jan 1 05:49:28 PST 2007

Willard
I do to!  That is probably why many of the manufacturers went to that color.
If by "yellow" you mean just Cat, that's OK too!  There is a lot about that
particular brand that is good and currently their product support is
probably the best of the various options.
For most of the early machines, of any manufacture, the product support is
dropping off fast and in some cases discouraged.  When a dealership makes
over 50% of its profit from machine sales, rentals, and leases it is to the
dealer's benefit to let the older pieces of equipment languish in disrepair
due to lack of parts, cost of parts, and making them more difficult to
repair economically.

There are some of the early machines, like the old Cat D6's, D7's and D8's
that I would pick over their competitors at the time but would pick
alternatives like the TD6 over the D2 and the old HD5's and HD6's over the
D4s of their time.  Ease of repair is my primary consideration for the small
models.  Reliability and reparability would be my criteria for the old D6
and D7's. The old D13000 engine for the old D8's is my primary decider
there.

John Parks
Boise, ID