[AT] Canola to diesel

RonMyers at wildblue.net RonMyers at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 5 10:26:07 PST 2007

Mattias,
   I don't see to much bad mouthing here but so far I have learned more
about the different types of diesels than I ever learned at work. I
have only worked on the heavy equipment, boats and big trucks which run
mostly American diesels. I have seen the MBs running around here and
there but never actually worked on one so this is all new to me and
very interesting. I was surprised to know that the MB has a throttle
plate as this is not used on other diesels that I have worked on. I'm
still a little in the dark as to what it actually does I wish someone
who knows could explain that for me. All the diesels that I have worked
on used the amount of fuel injected into the engine to control RPMs.
Does the MB also to this or is controlled by the throttle plate or does
it use both methods.
Also why do those things rattle so much at idle the other diesels that I
have worked on are a lot quieter at idle. My own Kubota is very quiet at
all times.

Ron.