[Farmall] Super C

Shane Moore fordpowerstrokepuller at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 05:24:30 PST 2007

do you know where i can get a back farmall h wheel for my tractor, i live in pennsylvania, mine is rusted out around the valve stem.

Greg Hass <gkhass at avci.net> wrote:
If this were my tractor, I would hook up a test light to where the ignition
comes into the coil. When you turn the ignition on the test light should
come on. Start the tractor and let it run watching the test light until it
stops. If the test light goes out as the tractor stops you have a problem
with the wiring. If the light remains on, then it is probably a fuel
problem. This should work because by replacing the coil, points,etc. you
should have already eliminated any problems past the coil. When I was a
kid, we also had a 1952 Super C. At that time this was one of our main
tractors. It was during cultivating season and we were having almost the
same problem as you although it usually ran longer than 2 minutes. I was
old enough to cultivate (12 or14) and it would stop about twice a round. We
put up with it for about a month as we could not figure it out. Finally,
one day it just quite and would not start. My dad called the dealer and he
sent someone out. After checking various things, he said the problem was
something with the ammeter. We were told that something inside was cutting
off electric to the ignition. He installed a new ammeter and we never had
that problem again. I'm not saying this is your problem, just that
electrical problems can be hard to find. It could also be a fuel problem,
as has already been suggested. If you determine the problem is fuel
related, I wouldn't get into that as it has already been covered many times
on this list. Please update us on what you find.
Greg Hass
Michigan