[Farmall] Super C

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 08:12:51 PST 2007

I think that you have a restriction in the fuel
system.  Likely candidate is the standpipe in the fuel
tank.  The restriction will let a little fuel through
but not enough to keep running.  The engine is burning
the fuel faster than it can flow into the carb.  Make
sure that you have adequate AND consistant fuel flow.
Be sure to look into the tank to make sure that there
is not a floating obstruction that can cover the
outlet intermitantly.

--- Tommy Wilson <t17wilson at comcast.net> wrote:

> Ok, even though we are in the midst of an extended
> cold snap, I've
> had to go work on tractors to be able to get out of
> the house, even
> for just a short while. My 1952 Super C developed a
> problem last fall
> that I'm working on now. It starts very easily and
> runs smoothly but
> after about 2 minutes it cuts off just like you
> pushed the switch in.
> It will start back up immediately and run for about
> the same amount
> of time before dying again. No spitting, sputtering
> or anything, just
> quits. My first thought was that the coil was
> getting hot and cutting
> out so Friday night I replaced the coil. Started
> right up, ran for a
> couple of minutes, then died. Well, maybe the
> condenser is going bad
> so on Saturday I replaced the points and condenser.
> Again, it started
> quickly, ran for a couple of minutes, and died.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? I don't think it is a fuel
> problem because it
> cuts off so quickly. If it was starving for fuel is
> would miss before
> quitting and also would not restart so quickly. At
> least, that's my
> reasoning. Thanks in advance for your ideas!
>

> Tommy Wilson
> Warrenton, VA
> 1950 IH H
> 1950 JD AR