[AT] For the steamer guys(now pto combine)

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:59:53 PST 2007

Ralph and John,

If I recall correctly, I've read about the stationary threshing system your
talking about too.   Possibly in the FARM SHOW magazine?   I remember the
main benefit they were saying was that several farmers could own one
threshing unit together and thrash throughout the year.   However, storing
the graff proved to be very difficult and that is why it isn't used much.

The Shelbourne stripper headers are very heavy but work well.  I worked this
past spring for almost 2 months in Arkansas and the guy I worked for told me
that a 2388 could only handle a 20 or 24' model but you could go as fast as
you wanted.  They are very high maintanance, though, which is why I'd
imagine you don't see a lot of them in wheat country.   Also the fact they
are so heavy.  for all the wider they are.   The way I understand it, they
have a set of "fingers" on a rotating drum which comb the heads from the
stalk.

Mike