[Farmall] And so it goes

robert rogers lamar778 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 17:30:48 PST 2007

I  have been following the posts about the young man with the problems at school and can relate to what I have been reading. My son, who is now 24 was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade . Before this he was always getting into trouble for any and everything. After we were referred to a good doctor (who,by the way had also had ADHD as a youngster), he was prescribed medication which made a complete difference. Then after testing, he was put in the 'gifted and talented 'program  for the remainder of his 12 years of public education. When he was in 7th grade he had some issues similar to your young friend that the school district tried to persecute him for.  These problems  occured when he was not allowed to take his medication at school .We are in South Carolina and I was advised by a friend to get the ,I think it was the  attourneys for American With Disabilites Act involved. I did. They sent an attourney to represent my son at a school board meeting and after that got their
  attention
he was allowed to take his meds at school when needed and I was faxed reports weekly from all his teachers until he graduated high school among the top of his class.By the way he has not taken any medication for the disorder in several years now and has been a fireman for 5 years.
I commend you for having the compassion for the youn friend.
By the way, if this is off topic, I have 2 H's, 1 $%&+#cub, 1 140 and a lot of other junk.

robert rogers
lamar778 at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.