[AT] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 12:40:54 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/17/2007 12:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:
[AT] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

we  had a very simialar situation  with the local (50mile away)   show  we
display at.   theyjust got to big for their  fair grounds and for safety
(people in the fleemarket area) had to move the tractors out back... shade's
comeing... its dusty (really sandy soil)  but  those of us willing to bend (NOTE
thats not all the tractors by far)   have  got our   own    tents and shelters
and line them up   and put  our banners on them from one to the other--   the
get  areas roped off  for  certain people    I  know  that  tradition is hard to
change  but I think there is a  way to take care of  MOST  of the  problems
you all are having..

1.    I bring my own shelter-- I got it at portland  10yrs ago  its not hard
to build and with friends takes minutes.    get 2 or 3 or 4 together  in one
part of the display area (then you have your own shade and your own area-- heck
 tie a genorator on one of the tractors and  get a true tent  and have  a
cooling center going LOL)    if I aint mistaken  this  is how  the  Threasing
group that does all the threasting  at Portland  got started...

2.   take a  drag harrow  and  knock off some of the ruff walk area-- then
have an ATIS  tractor water it once in a while.

I am really sure  that  the TriState  wouldnt mind any of these things