[AT] For the steamer guys

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 15 10:19:35 PST 2007

John Hall wrote:
> I would almost think a 3020 wouldn't have enough power. Did the pull
> types have a 13 foot header? At least I think that is what is on my 55.
>
> John

No shortage of power in the 3020 John. Of course it was picking up swath
as straight cutting was almost unheard of with a pull type by the 1970s.
He was picking up a 14 foot swath of wheat cut by a John Deere 200A
swather. Not sure of the speed but seems to me his rub bars were getting
worn down and he was keeping the clearance pretty tight to thresh the
wheat. I'd estimate speed around 2 mph or so. It made it easy for me on
the 2010 pulling the hopper wagon unloading on the go. Long straight
swaths most of the time and fairly consistent speeds.
On second thought, I'm wrong. The time that I am thinking of he had
upgraded to a 4020 power shift pulling the 65 combine. But I know he
used the 3020 for the first few years.

Ralph in Sask.