[AT] John Deere Stove Bolts

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Tue Feb 13 11:41:57 PST 2007

I recently acquired and am working on a 1947 John Deere model B.  I source a
lot of parts through EBay and use their system of setting up specific
searches which works fairly well.
The other day, I was shocked to see item number
280076230571 sell for $31.75. The 2 stove bolts were advertised as NOS deck
mounting screws. We know there is sniping and shilling going on, but someone
needs to wake up to reality. I just left the implement hardware store with 2
of them in hand at a cost of 20 cents each.
No wonder tractors and parts a escalating thru the roof.

Dave Ernst