[AT] "diesel" engines running backward

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Feb 7 14:56:38 PST 2007

Billy Vukovich!  Now THERE was a driver.  I have a metal scale model Indy
car patterned after the style of Offenhauser-powered vehicle that was common
during his racing days.

BTW, Forty Acres and a Fool was a fun read.  There were a lot of experiences
in it that I could relate to because of growing up on one of those aliquots.
A lot has changed at the home place.  All that's left of the original farm
land is the West half of the NW quarter of the NW quarter where I was born.
The rest of the section has been converted into a giant industrial complex.

Larry