[Farmall] Winter sounds - ramble

soffiler at ct.metrocast.net soffiler at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Dec 31 05:36:05 PST 2007

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: Frank DeWitt <Frank at lbpinc.com>
Subject: [Farmall]  Winter sounds - ramble
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:13:47 -0500

>Great story.  I envy the collection, but not the collection
>of  batteries.  I wonder if at some point it would make
>sense to install  a nice high current jack pig tail style
>on each tractor and move one  small battery from one
>tractor to another.

That's an interesting idea.  My first thought is Anderson
Power Poles, which are modular connectors available in a
variety of styles from a few amps up to 700 amp rating.

www.andersonpower.com

>BTW  Does anyone know a source for a GOOD jumper pack.  I
>know  Cummins isn't it.

Every one I've ever seen has been a relatively inexpensive,
relatively low-quality import.  You could always "roll your
own".  My recipe would include an Odyssey-brand battery (AGM
technology, excellent brand reputation), a set of jumper
cables of your own choosing, and a Deltran-brand battery
tender to keep it plugged-in and fully charged 24/7/365 when
you aren't using it.

Steve O.