[Farmall] broken easy out

Anthony Flint tony at flintservices.com
Sat Dec 29 10:30:11 PST 2007

I'm hoping to see a good bit of advice on this one myself.  I have a CC case
with a broken exhaust bolt.  The bolt weathered away into an hourglass shape
with the small portion below the level of the surrounding manifold.

So, I basically have a a bolt that's pointed on the end, with the point
pointing towards me...

I'm considering using a flat-nosed round punch that's ground down to just
under the thread diameter, heating the bolt to some degree and slowly
flatten the point at much as possible to allow for drilling.

Tony