[AT] Shop LP Plumbing

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Dec 29 05:21:01 PST 2007

--On Friday, December 28, 2007 11:01 PM -0600 "H. L. Staples"
<hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com> wrote:

> Farmer as I posted earlier the LP pressure to most household  gas
> appliances is set to 11 to 13 inches of water column. Your 6 PSI pressure
> would cause the burner to go into melt down.
> Strictly from memory your 6 PSI would be about 166.  inches or so water
> column.
>
> This I found on the Internet 1 PSI = 27.7612 inches water column

	Hi H.L.:

	I don't doubt what you say. The 6 PSI was a figure I was told by an
installer when I asked him. He may well have not known since he was used to
just installing new stuff that was already set.
	I suspect that 50 feet of buried copper tube makes a pretty good ground.
:-)   Kind of hard to drag around behind a tractor though. I wonder if LP
tanks ever get struck by lightning and if they do does it foul their spark
plugs?   ;-)
	Is Ricky Prescott still around? Is anyone still in contact with him?

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA