[AT] Shop LP Plumbing

Ivan Cousins ivancou at alltel.net
Fri Dec 28 18:42:49 PST 2007

When we built our new house 15 yrs ago I was told that the preffered
material for the line going to the house from the lp tank was copper . Once
inside it was black iron . But watch to make sure that the thread sealer
used is approved for propane .
 I also remember after the local 3 stooges hvac co  installed the furnace
having to have the gas man check to make sure I had the required 11 "
pressure .
  Where I work in a mh plant we use black iron for everything (gas) .
However there are rare times when they have to use the flex pipe . Threaded
fittings are not allowed in closed spaces , meaning the framed area
surrounding  the gas fireplace  .  But this is HUD code for trailers .
Check the local codes to be safe . Ivan