[Farmall] My Goodness.

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Fri Dec 28 18:36:22 PST 2007

I started the thread about Mice.  I don't like them nesting in my tractor.

It took off like crazy as topics on lists often do.  Having started
it I feel bad that people have become angry, and very bad that James
is thinking of leaving.

For me,  I am on a few lists ranging from tractors to church
sound.  Every list has it's members who remind us to cut the amount
we quote, and don't talk about this and that, and every list has
flare ups and hot discussions.  So what, we aren't just Farmall
owners, we are people.  I really enjoy my Farmall  but Religion is my
life so given a chance, I will discuss it.  I am also passionate
about politics and there is only one side that is right.  If you
disagree, that is OK, we just disagree.

Anyway,  James, I hope you come back.  Steve,  I disagree, but so
what,  Not a big deal.

Just for fun,  but before you read it I would like to point out that
A       The bulb is the glass portion of what is properly called a lamp.
B       They are going to be banned by the foolish Government, or the
enlightened Government
C       It was God that made light in the first place and He did it
on the first of 6 real days.

GRIN.

Frank

How many forum members to change a light bulb?
This one is old, but fresh

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

3 standards zealots to point out that light bulbs have been
deprecated in the LB 2.1 spec

1 to call upon everybody to ignore this deprecation

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please
take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web  http://www.lbpinc.com/