[AT] Shop LP Plumbing

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:18:58 PST 2007

I will show my ignorance
Plastic for gas above ground is a NO NO for safety reason (fire). They do
use plastic below ground, where it comes through the ground, it has been
changed to black steel pipe.  As I was told, black steel pipe does not have
as many loose particles as galvanized steel pipe, there fore cleaner for
orifices. I really have trouble believing copper is that expensive, in lieu
of the safety factor.  Picture a plastic pipe having been melted by flame
and now feeding the fire with 10-15 lb of pressure, kind of like a blow
torch .. copper sounds cheap to me.  my 2 cents worth.

Paul in Indiana