[Farmall] reply to Steve O's "objection"

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 10:50:12 PST 2007

Just before my very next task of "un-subscribing" from this list, please indulge me a moment more.

A few words and/or phrases that come to mind in terms of "cyber bullies"....

* arrogant
* pugnacious
* confrontational
* manipulative
* self-absorbed
* pushy
* egocentric
* self righteous
* dictatorial
* self ordained
* intolerant
* holier than thou

I have much enjoyed and have benefited from having been a part of the "Farmall" group.  However, as I  would not remain in a "bricks and mortar" room in the presence of someone with a chip on his shoulder and spoiling for a fight, I have no intention of sharing "internet space" with such an individual.

I am confident that, as any "tractor troubles" unfold, some of those who I have met (literally or figuratively) will assist.  The same applies to "non-tractor" concerns (e.g., the generous and spot-on advice I received from Members regarding how best to help my neighbor's troubled child).

I sincerely wish you the best for the coming year and always.  Thank you.

Jim

soffiler at ct.metrocast.net wrote: I am stunned that you guys still don't "get it".  The issue
is NOT the content of a single post, that is of course
easily handled with the delete key.  The issue is a topic
that has devolved so far from tractors that it is now a rant
about government intervention in the lives of private
citizens.  If this list had a strong admin presence, I would
FULLY expect him/her to step in at precisely that moment.
I've seen it happen countless times on at least a couple
dozen different Internet-based forums I've been on in the
last 15 years.  Fact is, our list owner Spencer Yost treats
this list in a rather hands-off manner and therefore I would
not necessarily expect to see him weigh-in on this subject.
I *think* he believes we're adults who can work things out
by ourselves, for the most part.  Thus I am not shy about
throwing in my two cents.  Again, it's not a single message
per se, it's a concept, and I've got no delete key for that.

Steve O.