[Farmall] reply to Steve O's "objection"

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 17:48:08 PST 2007

BG-
You have a "tough dog" there.  I happen to have a number of old "hardened" bits that might be of service to you (don't ask how I came by these).  If you tell me the "particulars" of your job, I would gladly send what I have to try to extricate the broken bolt.  You will need to use low speed in the process and maintain a "straightness" that will be a challenge (you suggested that you cannot do some sort of a "drill press" discipline).  Anyway, if I have some component that will aid you, let me know.
JM

Bobby Guilbeau <bguilbea at bellsouth.net> wrote:
It's amazing the hornet's nest I have appeared to have stirred up.  That was
not my intent nor desire.  But one thing is for sure we do have some traffic
on the list.....

My basic objection/observation was that the man definitely has a problem
with wildlife, as do many of you on the list and he was getting next to no
help from the people that should be able to help.  Everything that was
offered was just a band-aid and would in no way correct the situation of
over population.  The only solutions I see, is to give all the land back to
the animals which won't happen or start managing the population.  Which the
latter won't be happening soon enough for those that are dealing with the
problem.

OK back on topic,

I have had the misfortune of breaking an easy out in a broken bolt on my
Super AV.  Is there a particular drill bit that I should be looking for to
drill that thing out.  The process has not been going well with the bit's I
have tried. It's not in a part that I can pull off and put in a vice or in a
drill press.  It's one of the bolts that goes into the transmission case
that holds the floor in place.  So I am dealing with cast iron to boot.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Bobby Guilbeau, Ranger
Evangeline Area Council - BSA
1771 Mountain Bayou Road