[AT] About "Live" PTO

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 14:15:31 PST 2007

"Live" is sometimes used to refer to the two stage clutch PTO, "Independant" is sometimes used when a seperate control is used.

I still jump on the clutch when a slip clutch goes off but it doesn't do any good on Independant PTO.  Being a old AC Roto-Baler driver with WD-45's, you had one of each flavor clutch, I guess it was "semi dead" PTO.  You needed to use the foot clutch to enguage the PTO, but it was "Live" around the hand clutch.

After a long day, the operator was "semi dead" also....

Len Rugen