[AT] GFCI's

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Dec 17 17:35:51 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----

> Hi farmer, Why not simply put a GFI breaker in EVERY one of the
> circuits in your entry box and be done with it?
> Dave
>
> --------
> David Rotigel
> rotigel at alltel.net

    Hi Dave:

    The last time I looked (not recently) I can buy a GFCI outlet for a tiny
fraction of the cost of a GFCI breaker and I have too many breakers...   :-)
Also I have a bunch of old buildings, many with the old "fuse" boxes rather
than breaker boxes.  I don't really care about lighting circuits, mostly
just outlets where I might plug in a drill, saw or disk grinder while
standing or laying on wet ground or a damp floor.
    I am also (very slowly) replacing the screw in fuses with those screw in
mini-breakers that are made like a fuse but with a reset button in the
center. It is not a big priority as I rarely blow fuses. About the only fuse
I blow very much is on an air compressor that starts really hard cold and I
do forget to unplug it sometimes. OK, so I forget it about 90% of the time.
:-)

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope