[AT] : Ice Storm

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 14 10:45:15 PST 2007

Mike you are probably 90% ok since you are grounded through the transfer
switch.  I was primarily talking about the units that are sitting on
trailers and connected via drop cords.  If you plug something into the drop
cord in that application  you have no ground.

I'm not qualified to talk about your situation because I'm not an
electrician by any means BUT my friend said something about a ground
potential difference between the ground in the house and the generator unit
and said that the unit it's self should be grounded.  Maybe someone else can
explain that.  Like I said, I don't really know other than what I was told.
Electrical stuff is one of my very weak points.

Charlie