[Steam-engine] Boiler Inspections

Parker Fowler pfowljr at qwest.net
Tue Dec 11 15:28:46 PST 2007

On the theory that no news is good news, I haven't rattled the boiler
inspector folks' cage in Denver for years, which means that I haven't
called for an inspection for a long time.  Because my kids are so
damn busy raising their own kids and don't have time to help their
really old Dad crank up the Minnie, we haven't fired up for some
years, but I still have hope.
The last time I asked, Colorado doesn't require an historical boiler
to have anything other than the original body and appliances on the
machine, and working properly.  Mine doesn't have the original
crosshead eater pump (which I sure wish I could find somewhere), but
a second Penberthy works fine, and I also have a small steam lizard
of unknown manufacture hooked up and it works, too.
What is Appendix C, and do we know anything about its applicability
in Colorado?  How can I get a copy, for it sounds like interesting
reading?
I'm glad you old f***s are still corresponding, even if I don't join
in much (or at all).  There are probably many lurkers like me lurking
lurking peeking and whatall.
Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

Parker Fowler
1924 24/75 Minnie #8691