[AT] oil change

JTakemoto at wildblue.net JTakemoto at wildblue.net
Sun Dec 9 10:08:12 PST 2007

I got this off the Web ain't it a wonderful place to put your side of the
argument over.
Wind Chill

The term "wind chill" originated from the 1940s experiments conducted by
P.A. Siple and C.F. Passel in the polar region of Antartica.Their
experiments led to the wind chill index which measured how long it took a
can of water to freeze at various temperatures and wind speeds. Their
results showed that time was indeed dependent on three elements: the
initial warmth of the water, the outside temperature, and the wind speeds.
Wind Chill Effects
The wind chill factor does affect the temperature. Today, cold is judged
in terms of a thermometer reading. With people and other living things
though, both temperature and wind speed are needed to produce a "wind
chill factor". The wind chill is based on the rate of heat loss from
exposed skin caused by the combined effects of the wind and cold. As the
wind increases, heat is carried away from the body at an accelerated rate,
driving down the body temperature. The wind chill shows how cold the wind
makes exposed flesh feel capable of causing frostbite and hyperthermia.
The National Weather Service has created a formula to calculate the wind
chill.
Answer to Wind Chill Question

***The answer is yes,the wind chill does affect the temperature. The wind
chill factor is a useful element utilized to determine how cold the
weather is.The National Weather Service has created a formula to calculate
the wind chill factor. It can be very beneficial because it provides you
with an outlook upto what extent the wind speeds and the current
temperature will affect you and other living objects. As USA Today states
"Another important point is that wind chill is an attempt to measure the
effect of combinations of low temperature and wind on humans - or animals.
When we say the "wind chill is 18 degrees" we are not saying that the
chilled object is cooled to 18 degrees. A wind chill temperature is not
some different kind of temperature."
Prevention to Wind Chill Effects

The optimized use of the wind chill factor will simply provide information
for how to precautions in cold winter weather like here at Syracuse. It is
very important to understand the effects of such weather on our bodies.
The University of Princeton has developed a thorough research on the
effects of cold winter weather such as hyperthermia. For further
preventive measures in the winter, please look at our tips.