[AT] grounded coil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 30 13:05:45 PDT 2007

So Doug.. tell us.. how many antique tractors use this gm high energy
ignition system with coil in cap?

I'd especially like to point out that we are talking about good old points
based ignition systems, and not electroic modules.  I'd also like toy point
out that the 3 terminal round can that all these messages are referencing
back to is not a coil in cap setup.

Again.. I'm asking .. anybody got a schematic to an antique tractor using a
normal points/distribuitor setup that has a coil that will not function
without the case  of the coil being connected to ground, other than in a
situation where the points are switching ground ??  i wouldn't mind seeing
the schematic, and a pic of the tractor / OEM application.

Soundguy