[AT] grounded coil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 30 12:53:40 PDT 2007

There is a world of difference in having a cap tied to ground at one side of
the primary.. vs haveing one side of the primary tied permanently to ground.

So far in a 'normal' points based ignition system I havn't run across one
that needed a grounded coil case yet.  I'd love to see the schematic and
application of one though.

'bout the only thing I'm envisioning is an impulse pickup or electronic
module so far.. or other isolating aparati and perhaps a coil box.. etc.. on
an older and non 'standard' points based igniton as we see on the average
old tractor with a round replaceable coil.. like I'm pretty sure the
original poster was talking about..

Soundguy