[AT] Curious smell related to tractor body work!??

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Mon Aug 20 21:26:08 PDT 2007

OK--a different question for you experts:    Whenever I spend time
doing body work on dented fenders, grills, etc, I get blackish hands
and a wierd smell in my clothes from the dust from fine-sanding the
bare metal.  I think the black must come from the carbon in the
steel, but what is it in the steel dust that causes that metalic
smell??????  I wouldn't think that steel would have any smell at
all.         John W.

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon