[AT] Denny's Carb Shop

Dan Glass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Sun Aug 19 05:11:57 PDT 2007

Several years ago I bought a Pertronix ignition from them.  When I got
it, there was no box and some aftermarket coil that Denny sells.   I
went ahead and installed it and it didn't work very well.   I called
Denny's for some technical help and got the world most obnoxious lady on
the phone.  She basically told me too bad, I bought it and they wouldn't
stand behind it.  I told them that I was sending it back and going to
call the charge card company to take the charges off.  Which didn't help
her attitude at all.  I posted what happened on the forum and then got a
nasty email from her for doing that.  Someone there must be on this
forum.  I thought that since they were not helpful, I would call
Pertronix.  Talk about nice people, they said Denny's sent me the wrong
coil.  I ask about the ignition not being in a box  and they said all
their products come in a box and they didn't know what was going on.
Pertronix ended up sending the a new ignition and the correct coil and
it works great.  Now that's how customer service should work.  Would it
be so hard for Denny's to learn this?   I guess we have to periodically
post these comments so the new people to the list will not accidentally
deal with Denny's.
Hey, maybe Denny's should post a rebuttal.  I don't think they could do it.
I deal with a company that works on starters, alternators, and
generators that act like they got up on the wrong side of the bed.
However, they do excellent work and stand behind it.  I have found out
what pushes their buttons and I push every one on each visit. I sort of
have fun with it.  Its different when they stand behind their work.

Easley, Greg wrote:I really do try to abide by the old adage of "if you
don't have something nice to say,