[AT] Need advice on 3pt Tractor

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Wed Aug 15 15:01:08 PDT 2007

Here's a link to a photo of my shopbuilt trailing wheel attached
behind a blade:

http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/cub_blade.jpg

Thanks to long-time list member Don Bowen for hosting this image for
me on his website.

Since it was a light 4' blade, an old wheelbarrow tire and rim
sufficed.  Used scrap 4" channel for the frame, an old front wheel
spindle and hub off a small car for the swivel pivot bearing, an
acme-threaded shaft for the adjustment screw, an old cast iron
irrigation gate valve handle for the adjusting wheel, and misc bits
of scrap 3/8" plate for the remainder.  To borrow an apt phrase from
Tom, "barnyard technology" in action.  All components came from my
scrap pile, no cost except cutting torch gases and some arc welding rod.

Richard