[AT] Hammett arc welder & ferguson drawbar stabiizers

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Aug 14 21:10:36 PDT 2007

I picked up an old Hammett Arc welder today along with a milling machine
from a shop in Western OK.  The guy had a belt pulley attachment that
would fit a ford or ferguson.  If anyone is interested let me know.
Also I got a couple of the adjustable stabilizers for the flat drawbar
that goes in the lift arms.  These work with a ferguson that has the
extra pin below the top link.  It keeps the drawbar stabilized.  If
anyone is interested e-mail me.  The Hammett welder will weld from 10
amp to 200 amp.  It really is great on sheep metal.  I will try to use
it on my new 930 case on LP.  I have used a mig welder, but if you have
any paint, it is a pain to weld.  The arc with a 1/16 rod works great if
you can turn it down.  This old welder was built with wood for the
sides.  my guess is it was built during WWII when steel was in short
supply.  If anyone has one or knows the history, I would like to know.
If I coauld find another one I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Cecil in OKla