[AT] Some ads from the 8/11 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Aug 13 07:30:29 PDT 2007

I suspect that is the exact reason why the paper won't accept any
submissions except ads hand written on the provided form. But you also
have to understand that many of the Lancaster Farming subscribers are
members of various Amish denominations, some of whom, especially the
older ones, don't speak or write English as their first language and are
using an old pencil by kerosene lamp light to fill out the forms. I have
called the numbers in response to some of those ads, and I have not
always been able to understand more than a few words spoken by the
seller. Thank goodness for MapQuest, or I would never find their farms,
based on the directions provided! On the plus side, you can often find
an old tractor with brand new tires - tires and rims that were taken off
and set aside, replaced with steel wheels when the tractor was purchased
brand new.

Mike