[Farmall] OT complaint

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Aug 5 06:25:01 PDT 2007

> I been a tractor guy since 1963. In the old days, a lot of swapping
> and  good times were had. Since 2001, most people demand a photo, and
> 6 months to think it  over.

I was a tractor guy in 1963 also--I'm the one on the right in this picture.
http://www.vinsonfarm.net/photos/me_and_Doug_520.jpg.  I wasn't doing much
parts swapping, though.  :-)

How did you do the swapping and selling back then?  Swapmeets in person, ads
in the farm papers?

Asking for a long time to think it over doesn't make much sense to me, but I
can imagine that everybody wants to see pictures now since digital cameras
are so common.

While trying to fix up my Farmall M these past several months I've been
buying stuff at salvage yards and via eBay, and it's sure nice to have a
picture if I'm not there in person.  I bought a hydraulic control rod sight
unseen based on the seller's description, but it turned out to be the wrong
rod and I was sorry I hadn't asked for a picture.  He didn't answer my
e-mails after that.

> 29 out of 30 inqueries will never buy anything. They just want pics.

I wonder what they want the pics for?  To use as a reference in fixing up a
part they already have?

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net